Wednesday, September 3, 2008

tracie bag


I was talking to Christina on the phone about a week ago and she was all excited about pleats! We started discussing the design and then I started searching through my fabric to find an interesting fabric that would stand alone with this kind of design. I came across this pink and brown vintage style fabric.

I don't even remember where I picked this fabric up, but it always reminds me of my friend, Tracie. Tracie is the most fashionable woman I have ever met! She was wearing leggings and leopard print heels 2 years ago before anyone else was wearing leggings and I loved it! I loved her funky style - chunky, long necklaces, brooches, orange sweaters, black leggings, polka-dotted galloshes and leopard print heels - so fun!

She used to nanny for an executive that worked for a well known clothing line. The executive loved Tracie's style, as I do, and would sometimes base designs in her professional line off of clothes Tracie wore to nanny in! Tracie and I spent time together at play dates for our kids and then sadly, she moved away about a year ago.

But before she moved, she came over and looked at some of my bags in my studio at home. At the time I was making a large diaper bag out of this same pink and brown vintage style fabric and she fell in love with it and asked for me to let her buy it when I was finished making it. Now, everytime I see this fabric I think of my stylish friend, Tracie and I miss her!

This tracie bag is an ode to her!

No comments: