Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Caramel Corn


My husband and I try to do Family Nights every so often and last Friday we held one. It was a blast! We spread out an old quilt on the front room floor, ordered pizza, made caramel corn and watched "Aristocats" that we borrowed from our local library. But because I am so food-oriented, my favorite part was the caramel corn! My sisters and I share this awesome micrwave recipe for caramel corn and I thought I'd share it with you - enjoy!

CARAMEL POPCORN

4 quarts popcorn (popped)
1/2 c. butter1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. corn syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda

1. Put butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and stir in 1/2 tsp. of baking soda.

2. Put popped popcorn in a brown paper bag (grocery store size) - I double bagged it - add the sweet melted syrup from the saucepan into the bag. Shake and put entire bag in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Take out of microwave and shake. Microwave one more time for 1 1/2 minutes. Shake. Pour into a bowl, let it cool and eat!

No comments: