Tuesday, September 2, 2008

daniel bag



I'm all about recycling and re-using, so when my husband, Daniel, decided to downsize his closet full of clothes, I could not just let him toss them in the trash . So we offered the clothes to a few friends and widdled down the pile of clothes to a few shirts and a pair of khakis. It's so sad because the last few shirts left were ones I picked out and bought for Daniel and he hardly wore them and then wanted to throw them out ... oh man .... anyway, I decided to hang on to them and I threw them in with my fabric storage.

I sat down on Monday and had some time to sew and thought I'd like to make another boy bag, so I started rifling through my massive storage of fabric. I came across this blue striped shirt and Daniel's khakis and thought they'd be perfect for boy bags. I wanted to keep some of the elements of the clothes they came from to emphasize the recycling factor, plus it's just cool.

So the blue shirt bag kept the collar buttons and the khaki bag kept the back pocket. I think it gives the bags more character to know they came from someplace other than a simple bolt of fabric, don't you think??

No comments: