Tuesday, September 2, 2008

naomi bag


I was inspired to make this bag from a little girl I saw on Sunday. I teach music on Sundays to kids at church and there in the front row is this adorable girl named Naomi. She was wearing this awesome batik-style dress that was colorful and flowering, it was just so bright and fun.

So on Monday as I was looking through some fabric I saw this fabric I had forgotten about. It is cotton canvas and has the look of hand painted flowers on it. It was so bright and cool and flowerful that it reminded me of Naomi and I thought I'd make a little girl bag from this material I stumbled upon.

I have wanted to do a tie top bag for a while, ever since I saw my friend, Shari, wearing one a few years ago. It looks cute and casual, and adds interest to an otherwise standard looking bag. And that's how this "naomi" bag came about!

No comments: