Friday, September 5, 2008

mia bag

So ... I was talking to my husband a few nights ago and asking his opinion of the bags I was making lately. I asked if he had a favorite and he did! He said he really liked "sunset" and suggested I make another one that was the same style. I always ask for my husband's opinion about bags and purses and then I'm always surprised and totally laugh when he actually has input for me.

Anyway, so I found just a little of this flower print cotton left over from a yoga bag I made for my sister, Christina, and I LOVE it, so I used it.

What's funny about this design is that it is the most popular style of bag that Teresamia has ever created, and yet it was a comlplete mistake! I was trying to make a bag with handles as a fluid part of the bag (not sewn on seperately), but it was a hideous mistake and so I just cut the handle parts off and I was left with this very strange, long, shallow purse. I didn't know what to do with the remains, so I started brainstorming. I decided to add a drawstring effect on either side of the bag to make it shorter and added ties to make it cute. Then I put on some handles to cover the stitching left from the scrunchy drawstring portion and viola! Our most popular style was born! The Fall Line has this style bag in three different fabrics - and it always turns out fun and cute with all the ammenities people are looking for (magnetic snap closure, cool, cute and bright fabrics, and a cell phone pocket).

Anyway, thanks for the insight Daniel and here is the "mia" bag!

No comments: