Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Reading Squares

Well, I have a little boy who is VERY active. I like to have "quiet time" at least once a day and needed a way to get him to stay in one place. I wanted to get a few carpet squares from my local Home Depot, but it turns out they make you pay for carpet squares and I was not about to pay for that ... so ... I took the only thing I already own tons of: fabric and made my own "reading squares".

I just took the fabrics that I had LOTS of and cut out rectangles, put right side together and sewed them almost all the way together, then turned them right sides out and sewed around the edges to finish. And tada! Reading squares! Here they are:

2 comments:

Phil and Holly said...

Hi! Are you gals planning on making any more bags for your online store?

Jo Schaffer said...

What a great idea!! Where is the button on this site to click on to be a follower??
http://jostorm.blogspot.com/